Friday, August 17, 2012

Friday Favorite Recipes


It is Friday morning and there is barely a soul in my office yet.
I can already tell it is going to be one of those lets go home early type of Fridays.
_________________________________________________

Coleman and I had some of his bros over for supper last night.
He whipped up some yummy burgers and I fixed up some sides.
Both courtesy of pinterest.
I thought I would share -- since they both were a hit.
Even with the boys!

Creamy Mac n' Cheese

Pinned Image

16 oz macaroni pasta (any shape shape you like)
1/2 C butter
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 C flour
3 1/2 C milk, warmed
1/4 C white wine (or sub w/chicken broth)
1/2 lb Velveeta cheese, cubed
1/2 lb cheddar, cubed
1/2 C panko bread crumbs
1 Tbl parsley
2 Tbl butter, melted

Heat 350' oven. Grease 9x13 glass dish ( 8x8 or round casserole, if making half the recipe).
Cook pasta for about 2-3 minutes less than called for, drain, set aside.
In a saucepan, melt 1/2 C butter, salt pepper, once melted add flour, stir until smooth. Let cook for 1 minute. Add milk, wine, bring to a boil, whisking. Add cheeses and stir until melted. Pour over cooked pasta and add to greased dish. Combine the panko, parsley and melted butter in a small bowl. Sprinkle macaroni with panko topping, bake uncovered 30 minutes.
This made a big heaping dish.
Enough to feed me and 4 boys with leftovers!

Zucchini Crisps


    Zucchini, 1 cup, sliced
    Parmesan Cheese, grated, 1 tbsp
    I Can't Believe It's Not Butter, Original Buttery Spray, 10 sprays
    Non-stick cooking spray

    Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil, then coat with some non-stick cooking spray. Place the zucchini slices out on the pan, then spritz with them with the butter spray. Sprinkle on the Parmesan cheese and then pop it in the oven. Broil for a few minutes - until the cheese starts to brown.

    I actually change this one up a little.
    I use olive oil instead of spray butter.
    I cut them into chips instead of slices. 
    I use a non-stick cookie pan or pizza pan.
    I sprinkle with lots of garlic salt and Parm.
    Yum.

    I used 5 large zucchinis to feed the 5 of us and as much garlic salt and Parm as I deemed necessary.
    Sorry for the lack of specifcs.

    Hope y'all can make these and enjoy!
    Have a fabulous weekend!

    xo,
    Shans




No comments:

Post a Comment