Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Only Tuesday?

I am in disbelief that it is only Tuesday. Yesterday was a real, doozy.
Sometimes working for a crisis Chaplain can really have its toll on you -- being here until almost 6pm trying to find someone to comfort a family who has lost a child to suicide -- not the most pleasant way to end my day.

On another note, I'm getting serious about dieting. At least that is what I am telling myself. I've been having carb-free breakfasts and lunches during the work week, but it gets hard at dinner, and well on the weekends in general. I find myself just wanting to indulge in a bagel on a Saturday morning or French Toast brunch at Blind Tiger with Coleman on Sundays. But, I have got to get serious about this. Seeing a candid side-shot photo of myself from a wedding a month ago has really put some perspective on the situation -- I'm fat, and I have GOT to do something about it. ZERO carbs yesterday, and I ran a mile with Buoy dragging me around the neighborhood.  I think that is a pretty decent start. Fingers are crossed that I can keep this up.

Coleman and I are meeting with Father Michael at the Church today, hopefully he still thinks we are suitable for marriage and there are no wrenches thrown in my plans. I hate wrenches.

xo, 
Shans

No comments:

Post a Comment