Monday, June 15, 2015

Weekend Roundup

As I mentioned last week, I spent Friday with coworkers at a work retreat. Without bragging on my alma mater too much, check out the view from said retreat. 


We wrapped Friday up with a little date night. My very favorite, Basil, followed by C's very favorite, Cupcake. Actually, I'm lying. Cupcake isn't C's very favorite, but anything sweet will do for him. Major sweet tooth happening with that boy. He bought SIX cupcakes. All for himself. Obviously I'm on a very strict diet and didn't have any, but something tells me that you should give the salted caramel chocolate a try next time you're in town. 

Saturday ended with a delicious meal at Swig & Swine.  This town is definitely swarming in good bbq, but this stuff is top notch. Plus they  have pickled vegetables. I LOVE picked anything. 

The rest of the weekend was spent with family. C's aunt and uncle are here from Boston and they rented the most adorable tin roof house on Sullivan's Island. I caught this shot of some crazy ass kite boarders on the way out to the beach Saturday. 
                           
Sullivan's Kite Boarders


Sunday was a doozy. We woke up to a sweet puppy dog who looked like this: 

Botany in route to the vet Sunday morning. 

If you can't tell, her right ear was so swollen that it was seriously droopy. See how perky and cute her left ear is? Well, turns out she was suffering from an ear hematoma. Which meant surgery. Not quite my idea of a Sunday Funday. 

She went into surgery around noon and got picked up around 5:00pm. Sweet girl was so sad.  


Lucky for her, she had a very sweet lady come to check on her. 

Mads was so concerned about Botany as C was changing her bandages. 

The rest of the evening was spent staring at this dog.  Listening to her breathe snore. Y'all, let me tell you, every time something scary happens to one of our dogs (read: fur children) I can't help but imagine how I will be with real children. I was crying when they brought her out to us at the vet.  I  just can't stand to see my sweet girl in pain. Needless to say, for my emotional well being, it will be a while before I can bring another human into this world.  

That's a wrap on our weekend.  Back to the grind today. Looking forward to an uneventful and peaceful week spent with family at the beach.

xo, 
SVH

2 comments:

  1. Your poor furry baby! I am the same way, I will lose it at even the thought of my pup being in pain. PS - Cameron did a lot of work out at Dixie Plantation! So neat you got to go there for a retreat!

    ReplyDelete