Friday, April 27, 2012

Diet Coke

The calorie-free, caffeine-packed beverage that will always hold a special spot in  my heart. 


I don't think it started until my college years, but somewhere along the way I have developed a severe addiction to Diet Coke, preferably in a can. I gave it up for the past 2 lenten seasons, both were attempts to ween myself off of the not-so-good-for-you beverage. I did fairly well with it both times -- within an occasional Sunday slip-up, I made it the entire 40 days. A few days later, I find myself picking up a 12-can fridge pack at the Bi-Lo. Its like nothing ever changed. 

Since my "healthier-ish" eating kick set in I have been trying to seriously cut back, but boy is it hard. Is one a day still really bad? I think we made need an intervention! 

xo,
Shans

No comments:

Post a Comment