Monday, June 29, 2015

Weekend Roundup


Happy Monday, y'all. I don't know how last week managed to feel so long (considering I only worked three days), but here is to hoping this short week flies by.  In the meantime, here is a little roundup of my weekend. 

The College was closed Friday due to the funeral of Reverend Clementa Pinckney taking place in our basketball arena. It was sort of a big deal that the Pres was making an appearance.  That coupled with the amount of people who would be fighting for a seat at this historic event, led the College to cancel all non-essential operations for the day. Smart thing, people waited in line for hours and were turned away by closing gates. The place sits 4,500 if that gives you any idea as to how huge of a turnout there was. 

President Obama delivered Reverend Pinckney's eulogy, and although I would have appreciated a little less of a political agenda in light of the tragedy, his rendition of Amazing Grace brought tears to my eyes.  You can view the entire eulogy here

I'll wrap this part of the weekend up by saying how unbelievably proud I am of this city. I have always taken great pride in being a Charlestonian, but now it is different, and I am not sure it will ever be the same. 

I'm on the hunt for a car decal of this Palmetto tree. 
I hear they are selling shirts for $10.00 at Palmetto Moon,  Go ahead and get yourself one. You know  you want to, and they say the proceeds are going to the Emanuel Hope Fund.

I have already managed to order myself one of these beauties.  Worship Artist April Knight blew me away with this little scripture doodle. I can't wait to have it in a frame in my living room. 

After hours and hours of funeral watching Friday, we celebrated C's sister's birthday.  The girls went to have a quick pedicure before heading out to the beach house for a little family-style birthday party. C did have to work Friday so he joined us afterwards. While waiting on his arrival, little Mads kept asking "Where is Colemy? I miss him.  Is Uncle Cooldude coming? I miss him." Needless to say, she was thrilled when he made his appearance. 

Be still my heart... these two. 

Little miss was worn flat out by the time the festivities were over... I call this face "Its my (mama's) party and I can cry if I want to."

Saturday brought an early morning breakfast date, a trip to the shop for C's truck which had been operating without AC for the last couple of weeks, and lastly a very windy and wet afternoon boat ride. We failed to notice that there was a storm with 26mph winds on the horizon when we left the marina, but we survived! We enjoyed dinner and drinks with friends and headed home.  Sunday was a fishing day for C and a laundry day for me #housewifeproblems. And, now here we are at Monday again. 

Only 4 days until the big holiday weekend! Hurry up, little Friday! 

xo, 
SVH 



1 comment: