Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Weekend Roundup: Part Two

Welcome back for Part Two of my weekend in DC! 

Sunday morning, Paige and I woke up and anxiously got ready for the big day ahead of us. 

Y'all should know that at this point I was freaking out. I was so afraid that Marla was going to call us to give us the exciting news. So I turned off my phone. I wouldn't be able to keep the secret had I answered, and I wouldn't have been able to resist answering if my phone had been on. 

So with my phone off, we headed over to Marla and Josh's apartment building where the surprise would be taking place. 

Car selfie. Obvi. 

We were reunited with Alex once we arrived and at this point the nerves were really setting in. We knew that by this time, the question had been popped and our girl was engaged and then it was just a waiting game. We nervously took photos to pass the time...


As the couple's arrival inched closer, Marla's mom instructed the three of us that she wanted us front and center when they came through the door. You see, not to toot our own horns or anything, but second only to getting engaged, we all knew the surprise of seeing us there was going to send Marla over the top. And Marla's sweet mama wanted to witness the full effect.

We arranged ourselves near the door and  prepared to scream Mazel Tov at the top of our lungs as soon as Marla was in our sight. (Side note: Marla and Josh are a match made in Jewish heaven and we have all been anticipating the moment when we could yell Mazel Tov for her basically since the day we met her...or maybe the day she was born?) 



I think we did a pretty good job?

I'm not sure you can tell from the video just how much she is crying, but it's a lot. She's also saying over and over again, "you're here?". It was the sweetest. 

We then proceeded to take more photos. And cry some more. And smile a lot. 

The gang all together. With rings on our fingers. 


Get a good look at the rock why don't ya. 

Sadly we couldn't hang out forever because we had a dumb flight to catch (and Shake Shack to eat for the third time before said flight). 

Sad to be leaving Shake Shack behind... 

From Shake Shack here, we headed to the airport to experience our second three-hour delay of the weekend.  Curse you, U.S. Air. And there you have, the most magical weekend! Hope you enjoyed.

xo, 
SVH


1 comment: