Friday, June 5, 2015

Five on Friday

Might as well jump right on in.  Without further adieu, I give you my first(?) Five on Friday. 

1. Blogging is like a thing right now. 

After the most glorious girls weekend last weekend, several of my gal pals have decided to start up blogs/rekindle the old hobby. I'm happy to announce my soul sister,(Maybe real sister? Who knows anymore? More on that later.) Paige, has just introduced the world to My Blue Haven. You would be making a serious mistake if you didn't already go check her out. 


Paige Whalen
Was she not a vision?!

Additionally, I can't wait to introduce you to what is sure to be the cutest blog on the block written by the one and only Elle Rowan, but you'll have to wait a bit longer for that one.... 

2. Tanorexia Nervosa.

Speaking of our glorious girls weekend last weekend (celebrating the sweetest little bride to be, Alex, #SingleLadyNoMoor), I am happy to report that I am the tannest lady in Charleston. I mean I walked into the gym this week to be greeted with a "WHY are your legs so dark?". Y'all, this is also a thing for me. You see, in high school I suffered from a debilitating disease self-diagnosed as Tanorexia Nervosa. Most probable is that it was passed down from my mother who basically worships the sun. I would bake in the sun every free moment I had from April to September. And for some reason I am not ashamed to admit that this included a tanning bed membership or two. Anyways, point of the story is, I am thrilled at my improvements over the last 8 years, These tan legs I am sporting now were obtained while wearing SPF 30.

3. Weddings, Weddings, Everywhere. 

It is very clear to me that I have officially entered that season of life entitled "Wedding Times." Every time I turn around, a friend is getting engaged! And actually, I love it.  More on this later, but you see, I am actually addicted to weddings.  Please reference this pin board if you require further evidence of this. As I mentioned earlier, we just wrapped up bachelorette celebrations for Alex and now I am seriously counting down the days until #theMoorToddsthemerrier wedding weekend kicks off. Next month!


The Beach Bach Bunch. Get it?

4. National Donut Day

Yes, I'm one of those bloggers. Jumping on the whole "National" holiday trend, but I mean... its donuts? I will  have it be known that that I interrupted my regular route to the office in order to make an appearance at Krispy Kreme this morning. Everyone got a free donut! After two sad announcements at work yesterday, I figured my team could use a little pick me up.  Hot glazed for everyone!

5. Ready, Set, Relax.

I'm not going to lie, I am ready for 5:00pm today.  After going non-stop the last few weekends (remind me to tell  y'all about our MDW river trip), I am straight up exhausted.  And, to be honest, I may have just used up all of my brain power for the day writing this blog post (sorry, boss). While my entire family is going fishing off shore to celebrate my sister's 35th birthday tomorrow (with my husband at the helm), this girl will be sleeping.


Happy Weekend! 
SVH



2 comments: