Monday, July 30, 2012

weekend recap

Coleman and I started the weekend off with a great dinner with my family at the original Charleston Duke's Barbecue. In the last year or so the legend behind Duke's has become a little blurred.

This City Paper story will help clear up the confusion on who is who among the Dukes.

We grubbed on some of the best hash in the state with my mom, dad, sister, aunt, and sweet grandfather. It is always so great to see him -- and Coleman and I both agreed that he seemed to be feeling great! Such a sigh of relief to get that feeling.

After dinner I met up with some girlfriends at one of our most favorite spots, Taco Boy. You really can't go wrong with the house margarita there -- it is on point.

Finally, Lucy's plane landed in Charleston and her sweet mama delivered her to us downtown. We walked over to Midtown and enjoyed some really loud band for a few hours.

Saturday Coleman and I had lunch at another one of my favorite spots, Groucho's Deli (they offer the best microwaved sandwiches around) before heading to a matinee showing of The Dark Knight Rises.

All I have to say is WOW, it was an excellent movie full of suspense.
I am usually not much of a movie crier, but that Batman gets me every time.
I won't give anything away but you people have got to go see it.

Sunday involved lots of vacuuming, laundry, and a trip to the grocery store and.. my favorite Target, and now it is Monday. sigh.

Hope this week is a good one!

xo,
Shans




No comments:

Post a Comment