Thursday, June 28, 2012

I suck...

at being a girl.

Sometimes I think that I do a very poor job at being a girl.
There are things in this life that girls seem to be naturally concerned with. 

Makeup. Hair products. Face wash. Etc. Etc.

Most of these things...I have a hard time getting excited about.
I know plenty of girl who will just ooh and aww after a particular product,
 "OMG the best mascara out there. You have got to try this new moisturizer -- it will do wonders for your skin. Don't you think this new face wash does a great job of evening out my skin tone?"

Let's be honest.  I'm not even sure what an even skin tone looks like. Is mine uneven?

I wear the same makeup every day. My summer makeup routine
is the same as my winter makeup routine
(but with a darker color foundation, of course I know what a tan is).

I probably wear eye shadow once a month -- only on special occasions.
I was my face with makeup removing wipes.
Probably not the best thing I could do for my skin,
 but praise the Lord I don't get very many pimples.

What about hair?
I have worlds most unruly, curly, disastrously frizzy hair.
I don't know a thing to do with it but straighten it or put it up.

If it were not for Stuart Laurence Salon,
I would look like a giant wreck on my wedding day.
Obviously making my appointments there was high priority on my wedding checklist.

I suck at shaving my legs.
Without fail, I always miss a spot -- or ten.

I embarrassingly bite my nails,
 and I tell myself that I am going to stop about every other week.
I do love nail polish, but I have no use for it when I have stubby bitten finger nails.
My toes are always pretty though. At least I have that going for me.

Yup, so pretty much I suck at being a girl. I'm not happy about it, but I just cannot seem to get myself excited about these things. Help me out, ladies!!

xo,
Shans

No comments:

Post a Comment