Thursday, June 14, 2012

Routine.

Isn't it funny how we get so wrapped up in our routines?
Sometimes I feel like we are just living life on repeat. 

C and I live on an island (although not for much longer!), but it has several different grocery stores. 
Piggly Wiggly, Harris Teeter, Publix, and Bi-Lo. 
Without fail, every time I need something from the grocery, I end up at the Bi-Lo. 
(mostly, for the fuel perks!)

Two nights ago I was in a hurry to get home, and I needed to stop to pick up a few essentials like protein bars for breakfast, milk, and string cheese which by the way is the best work day snack ever. 
In an effort to save time, I opted to stop at the grocery store that was on the way home and on the right side of the road -- it is a serious pain to cross traffic on Folly Road between 5 and 6pm. 

Let me tell you what, zero time was saved. I walked around that Harris Teeter in complete circles. 
I had no clue where to find anything, and I honestly believe I spent double the amount of time (and maybe the money) that I would have spent had I just gone to my trusty Bi-Lo. 

Think about it, we are so used to routine that something as simple as going to a different grocery store totally throws off everything you know! It makes me cringe about our upcoming move to West Ashley. 
There is a Publix very close to our new house, and then I will have a whole new grocery store layout to learn! I can only hope that I will learn quickly! 

Wow. I just realized that this blog makes me sound like an old woman. 
Oops. 

xo, 
Shans

No comments:

Post a Comment