Monday, July 6, 2015

Weekend Roundup : FOJ 2k15

Happy Monday? 

I don't know about y'all, but for me, Mondays are always the worst. Throw in a three day weekend spent in the sun, and Monday just go a whole lot worse. Unfortunately, I'm in the midst of my Monday morning commute. (On the bus, have I told y'all that I am one of approximately 4 bus commuters in Charleston?), but I figure a dreadful time like this is the perfect time to share some snaps from our FOJ weekend. 

Let's start from the top. My BFF Lucy was down for the weekend from NYC, so I started of Friday with a much needed beach day. Frank joined me. 

He was totally loving how well the colors of my La Croix can complimented his skin tone.

Things were off the a great (read: windy) start. 

It was super overcast so I wasn't really concerning myself with sun protection. 
Idiocy is a sad symptom of Tanorexia Nervosa

Despite the comfortable temperature and bronzed skin you see above, things quickly out of control. Enter most epic cloud formation I have ever laid eyes upon. 


It should be noted that Lucy, Whitney and I were a part of the max exodus of sun-addicted girls you see in the photo above. Whitney and some of Lucy's other college friends had rented a house for the week just a few blocks back from the beach. We gathered our shit and promptly made a run for it. CougarFitter or not, it is damn hard to run with a beach chair on your back, a packed to the brim bag on your arm, and rain pouring down on your head. 

After airing out a bit, I headed home. C and I had some friends over for dinner. Made Jell-O shots (causal thing to do at our age, right?), and shot a few fireworks before heading to bed. 

Our Forth of July included this scene. 
See the beautiful dock out there? Sticking out into the harbor? That's where we spent our Fourth. Complete with BBQ, booze, and keg stands, it was a perfect day. 


Don't worry, we took a few (more respectable) photos too. 


There were some outtakes from the Hodges' attempt at taking a decent photo. 
I think this one (where we are fixing our hair together) is really the best. 


But this one is cute too. And worthy of being my new FB prof pic. 

After a day full of sunshine and booze, Lucy and I promptly ran away looking for more food. We found ourselves on the patio of Wild Wings when gnarly storm number 3 of the weekend rolled in. They lost power for a bit. I may or may not have panicked that my food would never come due to the lack of electricity. I'm obviously very concerned about the greater good of humanity.  We somehow made it home in time for showers, ice cream and more fireworks before hitting the hay. 

Sunday was a bit calmer. A boat ride with my hubby and my bestie was just what I needed. 


I hope everyone had a happy and safe FOJ weekend! 

xo, 
SVH






2 comments:

  1. Frank! I'm sad I left him at home last weekend :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another amazing FOJ weekend on the books!

    ReplyDelete