Tuesday, July 14, 2015

TMAIT : The Perfect Metallic Wedge and Why It is Impossible to Find a Decent Pair...

Is that title too much? No? It's just right? 
Ok, great. 

But, really, why is it SO difficult to find a decent pair of metallic wedges? Let me be more specific. Why is it SO difficult to find a decent pair of metallic wedges for less than approximately $170 buckaroos? I'm not trying to spend that kind of money on occasion shoes. 

I work at the College of Charleston.  A place with treacherous bricks waiting to kill you around every corner. Hence, the reason I do not wear heels to work any more.  For my own safety. 

So, yeah, not trying to wear these sought after wedges to work. And majority of my summer activities are enjoyed whilst wearing a bathing suit (so need for wedges then); basically I need these puppies for a few dates nights and most importantly to wear with this cute ensemble for Alex's bridemaids' luncheon. Since I first introduced the predicament of needing some new wedges, I have trolled the internet for countless hours hoping to find the most perfect pair (at the most perfect price). So far, I have come up empty handed, but I am really hoping to make a purchase by the end of the week.  

Here are my best options to date.  

I'm very confused by the fact that these are made by Sperry.  And that I think they are kind of cute.  
I am not confused by the fact that they are currently on sale for $41.16 at Belk's.

These are Ralph Lauren and pretty cute, although a little too chunky for my taste. 
They too are on sale at Belk's.  These bad boys ring in at just $52.50.


That brings me to these. The shoes I actually want, but refuse to pay for. 

Also available in a cork and metallic option which really gets me going. 


So, what are we thinking? Should I lower my standards and just grab those Sperrys on discount? Or should I bribe someone to buy me the Jacks? Are there other options I am missing? 
You tell me. 
Please. 

xo, 
SVH

1 comment:

  1. I really like these?
    http://www.6pm.com/seychelles-like-you-mean-it-rose-gold-vachetta

    ReplyDelete