Thursday, April 25, 2013

Wedding Recap: Rehearsal and Dinner

Friday evening, the day before the wedding,
our rehearsal began at 5:00pm.
My bridesmaid, Chelsy came by shortly after the luncheon ended
to help a sista out with hair hair because the Good Lord knows
that I have no clue when it comes to styling hair.
I can use a flat iron and well that is about it.

We got ready and headed off the church with ailing C dragging behind.
I may have left this out up until now, but C was sick!
He woke up late Thursday night with a stomach bug.
Poor boy didn't eat or drink anything at the rehearsal dinner or reception.
It still makes me sort of sad that he did not get to truly enjoy our special day. :(

Changing subjects...

I must say that the Wedding Guild at our church were like little angels.
They made my life SO much easier on this day.
I was in such a tizzy about how to get all of the girls/my
dresses to the church, but those sweet women struck a deal with the church custodians
on my behalf, and we were able to bring them to the rehearsal.
We locked those babies up in a Sunday school classroom over night so that all of our essentials would be there waiting for us the next day.
SO nice.
They were a tremendous help in every way and I think I would have been about 100 times more nervous than I already was if it were not for them.

Anyways,
I am a serious slacker and have pretty much, um zero, photos from the rehearsal.
This is the only one I could find!
Although, I am sure someone, somewhere has more...this will have to do for now.
As you can see, I am diligently listening to every words the Priest has to say
while C is off in the corner goofing around.
Typical.
Loved this Lilly dress, btw.

The rehearsal dinner was at C's godmother's home.
She seriously has the most beautiful backyard
which she fondly refers to as "The Conch Garden",
all around the yard you can find little hidden nautical treasures, conch shells!

On large table was set on the lawn.

And the patio was tented with several tables, lighting and a critical space heater.

We served barbecue and all of the fixins from JB's Smokeshack on John's Island
and it was seriously delicious.
We rounded the meal out with a family favorite for dessert, banana pudding.
Y'all, who needs a groom's cake when you can have pudding?!?

Bridal Party and dates boozin after the delicious meal.


My sweet family.
Left to Right: Two sweet cousins, My fabulous Aunt, Cousin who is getting hitched in November,
My baby nephew, my sister, and our incredibly awesome Granddaddy, 92 years old!


C's godmother, "Contessa" and I

Sweet bridesmaid, Marla.

C and his mama enjoying the amazing slideshow of our lives.


That's all I've got for now.
Be back soon with more recap!

xo,
Mrs. H




1 comment: