Tuesday, May 7, 2013

My Wedding Day Part One

I will warn you now, this post is pretty much lacking photos.
I wanted to take a chance to document the actual day of my wedding.
Although a month has passed, I think I can still remember the little details of the day.
So, here we go.

I woke up EVERY hour on the hour from about 4:30am to 7:30am.
At 7:30am, I could hear a band playing out on the street (we stayed at my friend's home South of Broad) so Broad Street festivities for the Cooper River Bridge Run were already taking place.
At this point, I gave up and climbed out of bed.  I had spent the night in a twin size bed, with my bestie girl, Marla, just a few feet away in a twin of her own. I crept out of the room as to not disturb because she seemed to be snoozing peacefully. I made my way down two flights of stairs to the kitchen/ sun room to get a glass of water. Much to her demise, my bestie Alex was snoozing on the sun room couch.
At first, I tried to be quiet, but then she stirred, lifted her eye-mask, and I took full advantage of the situation: "Al, are you awake?!" Groggy Al responded with a huh? and I immediately sat down for a chat.
When she realized what time it was she told me that I better be glad it was my wedding day, otherwise she may have hurt me. Such a sweet girl.

We chatted about God only knows what and took some last minute peaks at my registries. Last minute shoppers always leave a bride on her toes. My mom still says it is not fair that you can view what someone has purchased. I say.. I love it.  We waited patiently for the delivery person to arrive from the bagel shop. I had ordered bagels, cream cheese and coffee for all of my ladies to start their mornings off. Poor delivery person had to WALK to us because of the bridge run, but I made sure we tipped her well for her hard work. Finally, she arrived and I dove into a bagel and made a delightful cup of coffee in the sweet Mrs. coffee mug that Alex made me.

I don't have a photo of mine on hand, but this is similar.
Mine is better of course, because Al made it :)

All of the other bridesmaids slowly began to wake up and join Alex and I for breakfast.
We chatted and talked about the day's events.
A while later, I hopped in the shower, blow dried my hair, clipped it up in a mess, and put on my getting ready outfit, an over sized men's oxford with my soon to be monogram on the pocket with leggings and Jack Rogers. I got these shirts made for all of the bridesmaids and for my mom. They were given as bridesmaids gifts.

Here they are before I gifted them, my girl Frances over at Barry Beaux made them for me!
Mine on the day of.
Everyone else showered and prepared themselves for the day while Marla, Paige, Courtney and I ventured over to our reception venue, South Carolina Society Hall, to drop off some last minute items. These included our toasting flutes, a couple extra handles of Maker's Mark, my bridal portrait, and the sparklers for the send off.  We giggled and danced around the empty ballroom before heading back over to the house. 

It wasn't long after we arrived at the house that my mom and sister arrived with the food and mimosas for the salon, we all sat around and chatted some more while we waited for the taxis to arrive to take us to the salon. Meanwhile, I should mention, I am a NERVOUS wreck. Actually, that may be an understatement. I was just so ready to see C that I thought I may pass out/throw up. Is that normal??? I drank water/ and chewed ginger gum until the taxis arrived.

We piled in and headed to the salon, more on that tomorrow!

xo,
Mrs. H




2 comments:

  1. Seriously this was one of the greatest days ever. This post made me so sad that its over and miss everyone being together. Don't judge but I probably wear my monogrammed button down at least once a day around the house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post! I started documenting my day last night and then realized I can't post my pictures yet. :( I love that you got to play in your reception venue before the wedding. :)

    ReplyDelete