Thursday, February 14, 2013

Engagiversary!


Happy One Year Anniversay
of the day we got engaged
to my Sweet C.



Because I am a lazy bum this morning
(even though I had chocolate chips for breakfast)
here is a recap of our proposal taken straight from our wedding website.

February 14, 2012

I had specific instructions for Coleman.
 Don't even think about proposing on a holiday, how cliche.
What did he do?
Proposed on the most cliche day of the year -- I was surprised to say the least. 

We planned a low key Valentine's dinner at the house
with a trip to Savannah coming up that weekend.
 I came home from work to find Coleman lounging on the couch watching NCIS --
the normal for 5:30 on a Tuesday afternoon.

 We exchanged our cards, I walked the dogs, and I was playing with them in the living room
while Coleman "got the shrimp ready for supper" 

A few minutes later I hear his eager voice holler from the kitchen,
 "hey why dont you come in here."

I did as I was told and there he was,
 on one knee,
with wine and roses,
pulling a little black box from his pocket.

 I am almost positive my heart stopped, and I have no idea what he said after that.
 All I know is that I was squealing like a little girl.
He slipped the most beautiful ring I could ever imagine onto my left hand
and I ran around the house like a crazy person yelling

"WE'RE GETTING MARRIED!"

1 comment:

  1. Yaaaaay! Coleman was thinkin' when he proposed on Valentine's Day...kill two birds with one stone. :)

    ReplyDelete