Friday, January 18, 2013

I'm Back!

Well sort of...
slowly but surely, right?

It has been a crazy few weeks/month/ I can't even keep up anymore!

New job!
Wedding on the horizon.

More to come on both of those a little later,
in the mean time, a little bit about why I am starting back today.

To remember that today, three years ago, our family lost someone very special.
My sweet baby cousin Jenni
who I have written about before here and here.

I really think that timing is so funny,
 recently I have seen/ heard about not only one but  two young people fighting her same disease, Osteosarcoma, on national television.

First, the story of Sam Grewe,
 a loyal Notre Dame fan
aired just before the BCS championship game earlier this month.

Sam is just around the same age Jenni was when she was diagnosed.
His cancer appeared in almost the same exact place.

And again, on Wednesday night, American Idol shared the story of Evan Ruggiero.
A one legged tap dancer, dancing his way through remission.

Both of these guys are fighting the same good fight Jenni fought.
They make me miss her even more, but in the same moment, they make me so happy for her.
So happy that these guys are still fighting.
So happy Jenni doesn't have to fight anymore.

Be grateful for your lives and the lives of your loved ones.
Take nothing for granted.
We are all SO blessed.

xo,
Shans

No comments:

Post a Comment